Monday, April 4, 2011

when you talk and people don't listen...

So in the preparation of the pump
I have been tirelessly 
writing down 
every.
single
thing
I'm
putting in my body. 


ANNOYING. 

So as I am happy to follow through with this
and write everything down like
a good girl
I go in to see the dietitian. 


I'm not sure if i woke up on the wrong side of the bed,
she was a little too "rough" for me
or what
but let's say I didn't feel too good 
having her rip my food charts to 
pieces.


 She made comments about this, that, 
why I have 1% milk and not Skim,
or how did i judge Grinder's bread
compared to my fiber rich super low calorie bread at home.
Or why did you give your banana 15g of carbs here
but here you gave 11g? 
And then proceeded to ask me multiple questions
on why I don't measure using a scale. 

ugghh..

I'm pretty sure I chugged my bottle of water and then refilled it 
in the hall so i stopped myself from talking
as I was getting annoyed. 

She then seemed to get the hint as she told me 
that maybe she is misunderstanding me.
She then told me i need to lower my breakfast
amount to 30g of carbs for breakfast
all while getting an egg, milk, fruit and a whole grain.


DIABETICS, please tell me HOW YOU DO THIS. 

I'm mean, i'd have to eat like a flippin rabbit. 

Sorry. All of you wonderful non-diabetics, 
look at your breakfast tomorrow, just check out the carbohydrate count and
think to yourself
if I can only eat 30g what can I eat. 
So much for my 42g of Fiber cereal for Breakfast. 


Sorry for the rambling. Sometimes it's soo easy to feel that
someone with out diabetes is
picking all of your hard
work apart. 


Then the dietitian proceeded to tell the Pump Educator
that she doesn't need to really see me again because
I am doing so well.

UGGHH...Really?




1 comment:

  1. tell them to suck it cass.... ur doing a great job dont let them get u down they just see how it should be they are not the ones who are diabetic and going thru it so they can say all they want but when it comes to actuly being diabetic they dont know how it really is they know how their books say how its sopposed to be but when its a real body that is not their own then they dont know what it is like or what u are going thru

    ReplyDelete