Monday, February 28, 2011

working towards a cure...

As many of you might know, 
I have Type-1 Diabetes. 
This year has been many years of change
and aspects of my life
that are now starting to 
be more of a 
steady foundation. 

Austin landed a job he loves, 
we moved out of our apartment
and bought our first house. 
We added to the family
by adopting 
Kahuna
our White German Shepard.

While many things have been firsts for us, 
one thing that isn't new, 
is my diabetes. 

As yes, with any chronic disease or illness, 
I have ups and downs. Mostly never ups,
but I must manage to 
stay alive. 

This year I am working harder 
to raise more awareness of this disease and
hope that in my lifetime
children will no longer have diabetes. 
teenagers will be able to have those sleep overs
and eat the snacks other kids do.
that college students can hang out with there friends
at all hours and not have to worry about blood sugars.
Type-1 diabetics will no longer exist and
women who want to get or who already are pregnant won't have to 
worry about the complications of diabetes on them or
their unborn children.

Families can be families and not count carbs, give or draw up insulin. 

With this, I hope you as my wonderful readers will read my story 


and sponsor me for
the WALK to Cure Juvenile Diabetes...

Thank you all for your help, support, donations and prayers...

-Cassie and Austin-


No comments:

Post a Comment