Friday, March 4, 2011

where's my hard work going...

Sometimes I feel like stranger in my own body
when I know how hard I work at 
keeping my bloodsugars 
within a healthy range and then no matter
how hard I try, or
what things I change 
I continue to feel discouraged..

case in point 

1. I started to drink protein/boost drinks
in the am to help keep my morning bloodsugars lowers, 
because they have been running super high 
and I can't figure out why it is happening. 
It's not what I eat. It's not stress.
It isn't how i'm sleeping. 
I. do.not.get.it

Hopefully my new endo can help. But I don't get 
to see her until Tuesday. 
And as of Jan 2nd this was the earliest I could see her. 


2. I hate taking more and more insulin, to eat
three slices of bread for dinner 
(well I made pizza out of it)
and just tea with splenda
and regardless my am bs is STILL HIGH.
I.give.up
3. Yesterday, as I went to pick up my insulin from my
joke of a  awesome pharmacy
they proceeded to yet again
give me my insulin from
the flippin racks.
Maybe I'm just SUPER
anal regarding the fact that I want my insulin to come straight 
from the fridge. And it didn't. 
I told them is this the new protocol for insulin and that I am not happy with this
can I fill out a comment card..
maybe some other explenation happened too. 
Then what does the pharmacist say?
As rudely as one human can, 
He sighed so ALL the other people in line could hear him
and said, "FINE, I'll give YOU ones from the Fridge"
as he roughly threw my existing insulin boxes
on the counter. 

Why does it take 3 times and reminders and comment cards
for people to realize they shouldn't
mess with a Diabetic's 
insulin?

Does anyone else have this problem? So am I the only one who doesn't
have a mail order pharmacy to use.
UGGHhh...


Sometimes no matter how alone you aren't, this disease can 
make you feel it, when you don't have answers 
and people don't seem to listen.

2 comments:

  1. Yuck, I'm sorry things are so tough right now. I know just how frustrating those unexplained high streaks can be. Blah. And as for the pharmacy, that sounds totally unacceptable to me. I use mail order now, but when I used to go the the pharmacy my insulin was always taken straight from the fridge. They'd just put the empty envelope in the bin and then throw in the insulin bottles when I came to pick them up. And if you ask me, no store employee should ever be rude to a customer. What happened to good service and putting the customer first???

    I hope things are looking better soon. But remember, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen!!! This is the first time i've really had this problem but this is the 3rd time in a row I have had this problem. I think I am going to try and see about some kind of mail order with this. Maybe explaining my problems with it, should help. Thanks Karen for commenting! I appreciate it:)

    ReplyDelete