Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Diabetes 365:Day 3

Today is my 
third day of 
Diabetes 365: Day 3. 


Last night/this afternoon
I attempted to make this
Scandinavian Almond Cake
from my FIL's coworker. 

Apparently this cake was AMAZING!

Well I made it first with baking sugar
as it called for 2.5 cups of sugar which to me
is INSANE.

Plus for anything I eat, I always put in 
Splenda and not
real sugar. 

Well, I made one and for the FIRST
time in my life
my 
FIRST

cake never made it out of the pan.
EVEN with my amazing Cake Release.
Which, i will still use on every cake I make. 

I figured it was just the sugar amount, too sweet. 

Well I tried this sad cake to at least 
taste it. 

OH HECK....
no one told me when I try just TRY
something with that much sugar in it, 
one.single.bite

makes my blood sugar
SKY ROCKET
in the 200's. 

Yeah. Never Again. 
Splenda it is from now on .

Oh, the second batch I made with splenda 
AND
in cupcake form..

turned out great. 


so:
Real Sugar: NO  Splenda: YES PLEASE!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment