Thursday, March 24, 2011

two full time jobs....

As i've posted before and not too long ago
I am preparing myself 
and my body for the Insulin Pump. 

Not only is it still a little scary to me,
as I feel there will be LOTS of unknown's
but 
the prep work at making sure I am taking my blood sugar
every time I eat, 
PLUS 2 hours after
and then with this new insulin
I am on
seriously..

oh and not to mention, 
I am testing anywhere from 5-9 times a day right now
and use 6 different needles to inject insulin a DAY.

(I know some people reuse needles to save, 
but it gives me that rotten pain in the stomach when I think about it)

I also, in addition to these extra testings and Insulin Injections
I am also having to write down
every.
single
thing.
I.
put.
in.
my.
mouth. 


this includes amounts of items of course, like my sandwich yesterday
2/3 cup Buffalo Chicken Pieces
3 tomatoes
2 triangles of Provolone
approx. 1/2 Cup shredded lettuce
6 pickles
4 slice of cucumber
6inch Flatbread
7 pieces.slices of Green pepper


for ONE sandwich. 
This doesn't include my drink or soup. 

ugghh.. I know not EVERYONE can relate but this
is seriously a 
FULL TIME JOB. 

too bad I already have one, and bills can't pay themselves..

uggh..

No comments:

Post a Comment