Monday, September 19, 2011

New world in the 3rd Trimester...

I never fully realized that when people
said the third trimester
was hard, I didn't expect this.

Don't worry, we are still VERY VERY excited
about our little girl, 
and kind of freaking out now that she will seriously be
here in less than 2 months,
YIKES...


But her and I have been busy. 
As in, a growing factory 
and getting everything as ready as we can
for her arrival. 

Let me be clear, 
I am not one of those mom's 
who has everything done at like, 20 weeks or 28 weeks even.
I am at 32, and
we have a crib, bassinet,
shelf and dresser in her room.
That's it. 
lol
Oh yeah, and her name on the wall.
Nothing is finished people. NOTHING. 

For those curious people,
this is the crib we have for her,
Delta Parker 4 in 1 Convertible Crib
in cherry finish from Target!!!

Then her book shelf

Expedit brand storage from Ikea in the brown color

along with these shelfs from Ikea
in white
EKBY HEMMES is the brand, we have two of them
in the 4.5 foot length

then of course you saw me make these:


Which look like this:

well kinda and 
her letters that I decorated:



We also have now her crib skirt and drapes,
which we purchased
from Land of Nod Outlet
and are in this family
We only have the polka dot bedskirt
and the matching polka dot drapes. 

I must have this problem with her whole room to be
theme-less
as i felt a lot of them had too many pink 
and not enough other fun colors, like
orange, brown, green, or aqua. lol

We are in the process of finishing her room by the
current to do projects:
1. Build trendle under her bed that 
came with crib
2. Paint tree on wall
3. Make/Finish/Install bird mobile from tree on wall
4. paint decor/stripes on wall
5. Stencil animals on wall
6. Install/ pick up fan for ceiling
7. Sand and paint small rocking chair
and hooks

Plus stock her nursery with needed items prior to her arrival.
Now on to the medical part:

So two weeks ago, as in 
September 2nd
we had the first of many
fetal monitoring sessions
i.e. Non Stress Tests.

These consist of me sitting in a recliner,
with my feet up of course,
putting two straps around my midsection
both having some kinda of sensor/monitor on it.
(sorry for the lack of real terms)
One it on the top of my uterus,
and one is placed, more like moved
to keep her heartbeat steady.
Then I hold a clicker to push when i feel her kick,
or move.

(I really only punch it when my belly moves, when I can see her body parts,
or a big movement that you can hear on the machine, no little flutters.

I do this, for anywhere to 35-1 hour 30minutes depending on
her.

It records graphs on paper the entire time
and when Dr. J feels I have had
a good baseline of readings with enough movements,
I am clear to go!

Fun huh!!!

Yep!

I do this every Monday and Thursday until she comes.
So from today, I have had 4 of them.

Today particularly, she was super active and made for
the shortest time yet.

only 38minutes!!!

My blood sugars numbers are rising, meaning
I am pumping more and more insulin into me every day.
I used to be able to go 2.75 days on 3mL of insulin,
now, I do set changes every other day,
so like this am, I did a site change,
and by tomorrow night I have to change it again.

Medtronic didn't appreciate my increased amount
needed as she kinda of didn't care
I am over 8 months pregnant and need more insulin
than say, 5 months ago.

So as we stay busy we have a busier week.
I have another non stress test Thursday,
With an appointment to follow,
then meet with the diabetes center to review my
progress/liking/disliking of the Medtronic Minimed Insulin Pump,
meet with Endocrinologist to up my basals,
and have a growth ultrasound on Friday.
Woohoo.

Wanna guess her current weight?
I'll let you know, at 28 weeks she was abotu 2lb 15oz!!

Oh and not that this will help,
I gained one full complete pound from
Thursday the 15th to today, the 19th.
haha..
growing baby.

Until next time
Cassie

1 comment:

  1. <3 The nursery looks cute! I have a similar crib too! :) Don't worry about if you finish the walls or not. We never finished Levi's walls and he is just as happy. Haha. You will be SO ready when she does come though. When Levi came I just was so ready to meet him! I look forward to meeting her!!! Hugs 2 all three of you!

    ReplyDelete